Monday, July 7, 2008

Finding God

I was listening last night to BlogTalkRadio.com when I came across a site on religion. No surprises there. It seems anything controversial can be found on the web in no short supply. There were two well intentioned young men, I think from the US, explaining how the Christian Bible fortold of Mohammad the "Prophet of Islam."

As I listened to them throw hermeneutics and apologetics to the wind I realized this was a problem for many. Not just the Christians, but also the Jews and even the Islamic community. There must be a God, I see the results of His work. Yet, there are many who would vehemently claim, there is no God!

So, there in lies a problem. First, is there a God? Second, who's version is the right potrayal of God? Is it Islam, Hindu, Jew, or Christian? It seems this is an important question in life. If there is no God then I suppose you are free to do whatever feels right. You have no one to satisfy except your own cravings and hunger.

I think this deserves a fair amount of our attention. After all, this could be very important. If there is no God, shouldn't we tell the rest of the world so they can join the party? If there is a God, shouldn't we begin to look more closely at His desires for mankind? Questions worthy of an answer.

I had intended to start another blog that would be separate from this one, perhaps I will in the future. For now, I will dedicate weekend posts to this topic.

Let me hear your thoughts on the issue.

No comments: